G. F. & Audrey McWhirter City Park
In recognition of their generosity, Flatonia citizens dedicated the city park to Audrey and George F.
McWhirter. The McWhirters greatly contributed to the completion of the park and are committed to the
improvement in the quality of life for all of the citizens. McWhirter park will serve generations to come and
will be a lasting tribute to the McWhirter family.
Dedicated April 14, 1998
Contact: Melissa Brunner - 361-865-3548
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- McWhirter Park grounds close at 9:00 PM during the school year
- and 10:00 PM during Summer months.
- Speed limit is 5 mph throughout the Park.
- No overnight parking on Park property.
- No firearms or fireworks allowed on Park property.
- Loud music is not permitted on Park property.
- No hanging on basketball rims.
- No practicing on chalked sports field.
- Sports field lighting will only be used for scheduled practices or
- No Profanity!
- No alcohol is allowed on Park property.
- Any person found to be creating a disturbance or other breach
of peace in McWhirter park shall leave immediately when so
directed by the Police or any City of Flatonia personnel.
In 2007, Flatonia City Council adopted rules for the pool at McWhirter Park.
Click here for Pool Rules.
- Monday through Friday:
- 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM when school is in session
- 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM when school is not in session
- Saturday and Sunday:
Pavilion Rental for Private Parties:
- The pavilion is available for rental during regular park hours.
- Rental Fee: $75.00 per day, plus $100.00 deposit
- Reservations for private parties may be made at City Hall.
- Reservations must be made at least three days in advance.
- Reservations are not considered to be official until a $100.00 deposit is made and the Hold
Harmless agreement is signed. Cancellations must be made at least three days prior to the
event in order to receive a refund of the deposit. Otherwise, the deposit is forfeited.
- Pavilion parties may be scheduled any day of the week.
- Patrons may bring food and drinks to the pavilion. No glass containers are allowed in the
- All park rules remain the same. (Reminder, alcohol is not allowed in the City Park.)
- Renter is responsible for cleanup. Failure to clean-up will result in forfeiture of deposit.